Smoke & Mirrors’ curated list of highlights from the F/W ’10 collections in stores soon
9. Burberry Prorsum / Fall 2010 / London Fashion Week
You gotta love human teddy bears. Plushy love.
8. Balmain / Fall 2010 / Paris Fashion Week
Stop hatin’ on Decarnin. This Prince-fused collection is like a dream come true for me. The only problem is I’d have to find it at a Ross For Less to afford it.
5. The Row / Fall 2010 / New York Fashion Week
The Olsens grew up for their first NYFW showing ever, creating one of the more unique takes on American minimalism post-Calvin Klein.
4. Emilio Pucci / Fall 2010 / Milan Fashion Week
Peter Dundas’ latest silhouette is funky, flared, and fringed. Pucci’s never looked so perfect.
2. Balenciaga / Fall 2010 / Paris Fashion Week
Call it ‘retro-futura’: the melding of new-age materials with yesteryear’s aesthetics. Think peculiar color pairings, 50’s kitchenware/home good motifs and 60’s Pan Am graphics done in techno fabrics. Count on Ghesquiere to push us forward by referencing the past.
1. Dries Van Noten / Fall 2010 / Paris Fashion Week
Dries provides the most pristine print and color pairings of his career. Sophistafunk, ladies and gentlemen.